Saturday, January 29, 2011

Barcelona!

I have been in Barcelona for two days now. The flight was amazing. We flew over the alps. I did not once tear my face from the window. The man sitting behind me was Spanish and super duper friendly. The Spanish people are very proud of where they are from which was obvious while I talked to him. On the first day here we went to a Cathedral on top of a mountain. I have no idea what its called, but it was spectacular. I like the areas that are not directly in the city... mostly because it is just like New York or Chicago.. just a big city. But the mountains are beautiful and so is the sea. Even though it is just like a big city it is very clean. I was up for over 30 hours before I got to bed last night around 9pm Spanish time. Today we had orientation and then took a tour of Barcelona. We saw all of the famous architecture. Which was breathtaking. I am so so so ready to be in Cordoba though. I want to be with my host family and get settled. I actually just got back to the hostel. It is 11pm here. Me and a few friends wandered around the city for a little bit and had our first Spanish gelato. It was so so delicious. Tomorrow I leave Barcelona at 8am and arrive in Cordoba at 1pm. I will post again in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment