Friday, January 21, 2011

My Last Few Days

I leave for Spain in just five days. I am extremely nervous. There are so many things to worry about I guess... Like the fact that my Spanish is mediocre at best... My cat won't have anyone to play with him... My mom will be in the house on her own for the first time in thirty years... and that I am leaving my boyfriend.. These are all the things I am worrying about constantly and all this worrying has not made me a pleasant person to be around lately. I do know, however, that I am about to have the time of my life.
I have gone to the doctor and got my prescriptions. I have gone to the dentist and had two fillings done. My mom has ordered my contacts. I have learned the 'area code' for the United States. I have put all the phone numbers I will need in my computer: Mom's, Dad's, Kat's and Austin's. And I have started packing, which will be hard to finish... especially since I have exams up to the day before I leave.
This is the most exciting thing I have ever done with my life, so far. So I guess it is normal to be so ridiculously nervous... and excited at the same time. I have never been one to suffer from anxiety, but lately it has consumed me. I was talking to my mom the other day about how my rape whistle will be on my necklace ready for action until I get safely to Cordoba. I do not think anything will go wrong.. but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
I am spending three days in Barcelona... I will be there in one week. Just.. the proximity of this trip drives me crazy. Marta told me today that on the 31st she is taking me to get my school uniform. Which looks exactly how you would think a school uniform would look... Red sweater, plaid and pleated skirt, and yes... bright red stockings. I think I can rock it. Hahahaha.
That's all for now I think I will be posting again when I am in Boston or Barcelona!!

No comments:

Post a Comment