Thursday, January 13, 2011

To Begin...

For those of you who don't know, in just thirteen days from now I will be leaving Good Ol' Davie County. I guess my journey will begin in Charlotte, NC on January 26th, 2011. I fly from Charlotte to Boston where I will spend the next day and a half. From Boston I fly to Barcelona, where I will spend two days, and on the 30th I will arrive in Cordoba, Spain.
I will be living in Cordoba for the next five months. Yes, I will be attending Spanish high school and living with a host family, Carloman, Juana, and Marta Diaz. Marta is just a year younger than me and we talk on skype probably twice a week. I am very lucky. My host family is such a good match because Marta and I have a lot in common and the family has already made me feel welcome, before I have even met them in person.
I decided that I wanted to be a foreign exchange student last year before Christmas. Surprisingly, my parents were supportive of it. Going about being a foreign exchange student is kind of an arduous task. I had to research different agencies and fill out long applications. The agency I decided on was CIEE. I knew I only wanted to do a semester, not a year. So I filled out their application (which was almost 20 pages long) and sent it in. I had to wait, and wait, and wait. Finally in September I found out that I had been accepted and in November I received my placement for my host family. I was thrilled. Cordoba is the perfect city for me to live in. It has so much history and the architecture is beyond beautiful... according to google images. I will be going to private school and I have to wear a uniform.
So, in just thirteen short days I have to graduate from high school, get five months worth of contacts, maybe go to the dentist, pack anything I may possibly need, and say goodbye to my family and best friends.

1 comment:

  1. Escribe con todo detalle toda las experiencias que vamos a vivir juntas, sera bonito leer tu blog y recordarlo todo cuando pase el tiempo! :D
    Only 17 days to meet you in person, I can't believe it!!!

    ReplyDelete